Aged Care Options at Monash Health
Monash Health are a single point of contact with the expertise to provide your clients with all levels of care at every stage of life.
No matter their journey, we provide a range of aged care services in their homes or our residences. Whether your clients need preventative, assistive, transitional or acute care, we are one organisation with many options, which makes us ideally suited to caring for people as they age.
Our broad range of personalised home care services, coupled with our commitment to consumer directed care, mean that your clients can live where they choose, on their own terms.
For those who are struggling with the complexities of the Aged Care system including My Aged Care, Monash Health’s Access and Support teams are available on request to guide clients and help them find the care and services which best meet their needs.
Dedicated teams understand the importance clients place on staying at home. This drives us to get to know our clients and understand the care that they need, and want. We then tailor flexible support around their circumstances, needs and interests.
Our one-on-one support means that as our client’s circumstances change, we do too. This includes transition care and residential care when it becomes necessary. We pride ourselves on developing dynamic support structures which meet needs today, yet provide flexibility to adapt it into the future.
For more information about any of aged care our services, please call 857 25631.
Monash Health offers a broad range of community based aged care services including:
- Allied Health services
- Medicine management
- Dementia care
- Respite care
- Therapy groups such as falls and dementia
- Personal Care such as showering and dressing
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Equipment to make life easier
- Community events and social activities
- Shopping and coffee outings
- Transport to appointments and community activities
Residential Care options include:
- General residential care
- Specialist aged mental health residential care
- Dementia Care
- Respite Care
- Residential hostel care
- Transition Care Programme
Access and Support Services
- Short term individual support for anyone who need help accessing the aged care system due to barriers experienced because of their diverse needs.
- Services include My Aged Care referral assistance, assessments, planning and links to appropriate services.
- Specialised access assistance is available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Assistance with Care and Housing
Specific assistance with housing for those who are homeless, risk of homelessness, experiencing housing stress or do not have secure accommodation.
Referral guidelines to Monash Health's Community-based services
Monash Health supports clients through all stages of non-acute care from prevention through to rehabilitation. Depending on the circumstances, services can be provided online, in-home, in community-based facilities and dedicated Monash Health Community Centres. For more information, click here.