Monash Health Social Workers are experts on matters to do with aging. They can support you with a wide range of things which you may need help with in your life. From a health perspective, our social workers can talk with you about things to do with aging, illness, treatment and rehabilitation:
On a practical level, they can help you with:
- Referrals for services to support you at home
- Grief, loss and trauma counselling
- Family and relationship concerns
- Support for carers and families
- Information about budgeting
- Information and referrals about financial entitlements, housing, work and legal issues
- Extra support for refugees, migrants and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in accessing health care
- Accessing interpreter services
Social work support can be provided one-on-one or as part of a group, depending on what you need. Our social workers can see you in hospital, your home or at our centres.
If you have a referral from My Aged Care for this service, please call 8572 5631.
If you have a Home Care Package, please call 9792 7788 to find out how we can help.