Monash Health Social Workers are experts on matters to do with aging. They can support you with a wide range of things which you may need help with in your life. From a health perspective, our social workers can talk with you about things to do with aging, illness, treatment and rehabilitation:
On a practical level, they can help you with:
- Referrals for services to support you at home
- Grief, loss and trauma counselling
- Family and relationship concerns
- Support for carers and families
- Information about budgeting
- Information and referrals about financial entitlements, housing, work and legal issues
- Extra support for refugees, migrants and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in accessing health care
- Accessing interpreter services
Social work support can be provided one-on-one or as part of a group, depending on what you need. Our social workers can see you in hospital, your home or at our centres.
For more information about how our social workers can help you, please call 1300 342 273 (Option 4).